Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hello Beatrix Lily


She's my first grandchild and she really is beautiful.  Born on November 23rd in New York City, she's now here in Pennsylvania along with her Mom and Dad.  Adding delight to an already wonderful Thanksgiving, my daughter, Emily, is also home for the holiday, albeit a little under the weather.  With so much joy, what could go wrong?  Well, the toilet could break!  And it did just after we got home late last night.  Thankfully, Mape's had the part and all is well.
The same could not be said for the sculpture in the small alcove at Wynnewood Train Station.  I decided to give it a complete make-over.  I'll be interested to see if this configuration will withstand the forces of chaos better than the previous rendition. 


I stopped off at the Ardmore and Lancaster Avenue sculpture and found that it was not only knocked down, but was also being encased in a six foot high, chain link fence.  My first thought was,"Wow, how nice of the owner to put up this huge fence to protect my sculpture from being knocked down."  However, the nice young men installing the fence told me they would be putting Christmas trees on this location.  My sculpture was not going to be included inside the fence.  BUT, I could re-build it outside the fence.  Don't have to tell me twice.  I grabbed my rocks and rolled out of "their" space.  The sculpture is closer to the street, and, thus, more vulnerable to destruction, but it wasn't so invulnerable where it had been.  I'm hoping the passersby are more in a giving spirit and give me a break on my sculptures.

                             


Ain't that little girl great!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment