Monday, April 11, 2011

Signs and Bricks

The Wynnewood Train Station thought that no one knew it's name.  To rectify the matter Septa erected thirteen red, white and blue signs (YES, 13!!) at the station.  Naturally, they felt one sign would look especially good blocking my rock sculpture.  And, indeed, they not only blocked the view of my sculpture, but flattened it to the good earth from which I had built it.  Dismaying to say the least.
Even more disturbing was the sight (and site) of many small orange flags crossing through my (yes, it's mine) plot of ground where I place the rock sculpture.  Have these Septa guys no eye for beauty and imagination?  Are they such cretins that all they saw was a pile of rocks?  Well, no problem!  I just moved my sculpture further up the slope and to the side so it is now more visible than ever.  As I didn't have my camera at the time, I had to construct a totally new sculpture, rather than re-make what was there.  Don't know yet whether this one is a "keeper" or I'll go back to the previous design which I really liked.
To put up these thirteen (13) signs, which are securely planted in cement, the workmen removed the bricks from the platform.  They conveniently left these bricks sitting loosely around the sign posts.  Naturally, some ignorant low-life used one of these lovely Latrobe bricks to destroy my smaller rock sculpture at the station.  I weeded the area, rebuilt the sculpture (I am so persistent), and put the brick up by a sign post. 




You know, with all those signs, I wonder if they would ever notice if one went missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment