Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weary, But Not Done.

Today is the day I usually check the sculpture at Conshohocken State Road and City Avenue.  And, as usual, it had fallen down.  (No, I think it actually did fall down.  Well, of course, it did fall down, but I mean it did so due to natural factors.)  I hadn't done a good job of re-building it last visit as my wife was waiting in the car for me, and I could feel the pressure growing, growing ...  Thus, I rushed, and thus, it fell.  This time was no different, and I just couldn't lift the large granite rock onto the second level.  (At least, not without pulling out my back, AGAIN.)  After the third time, I left it where it was, figuring that the rock sculpture muse must like it there, and built around it.  Ended up being very pleased with the result.


Leaving the Conshocken State Road sculpture, I went to the Wawa in Narberth.  Wasn't surprised to see the sculpture in front of The Hamper Shop was down.  I didn't like it when I had built it, but wasn't ready to invest the time to make it nice.  Got my coffee, went home (looked at "Help Wanted" ads), and returned to The Hamper Shop.  Infused with that wonderful Wawa rendition of the elixir of the Gods (coffee), I built una mas grandio rock sculpture.  Took lots of time making sure it was balanced well and cemented many areas of it.  Enjoyed listening to my new I-Pod Nano, which I finally learned how to turn on and off, while creating this beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment