Saturday, March 31, 2012

NCAA Final Four

Sure, you say you don't care, but you know you'd rather not see Kentucky win this tournament.  I'm actually hoping Kansas wins, but would find Ohio State acceptable, too.  What this has to do with rock sculptures is far too intricate to explain here.  (You realize that men never grow up, which is why there are basketball games, baseball games, football games, etc. on TV every weekend.)  And it does make it difficult to find the time to go out and build rock sculptures.
Yet I did find the time to re-build the rock sculpture at Wynnewood train station twice.  I hope you can see the difference.  If you can't, you shouldn't even bother reading this blog.  And it probably indicates that you're a Kentucky fan and not worthy of further comments.  But to be honest, this isn't even what it looks like today, as I refined it this morning after finding that another rock sculpture wanna-be had changed it, making it look like a pile of rocks.  (It was a nice pile of rocks, but not an artistic pile of rocks.)




I've also been re-building the rock sculpture at Ardmore Ave. after it gets destroyed by the Rock Rubblers that tend to get great joy out of knocking it down.  This actually forces me to think of new ways to incorporate the rocks.  In this case, I thought it would be interesting to use the bottom granite block that has an angled surface as a plane for the long, flat granite rock and build around that formation.  I liked the result and it lasted for several days before being destroyed.




Thus, I re-built it anew.  Trying a little different placement of the large white rock.  (No, I have no idea what kind of rocks these are.  Mineralogy what not my major or minor in college.  I was thrilled to get the "C" in calculus and move on.  Hey, I did ace Ornithology which resulted in a great improvement in my cumulative average.)  So Euclid I am not.  Yet, I'm certain I'm giving Rodin a run for his stature in the sculpture society.


No comments:

Post a Comment